Monday, December 27, 2010

What Grinds My Gears

     Aights son. I'm listening to some George Strait songs right now and I'm feeling a little melancholy. I know, I know. Go to sleep, Ym. Why are you awake and feeling melancholy. Well, I was going to blog about Christmas but I will do that in the morning. But, I just kept thinking and thinking and thinking and I guess it's really bugging me. I know it shouldn't, it's petty and childish but I can't help it.
    It just gets to me when I am the after thought before I even get a thought. I mean, really. I'm annoyed that it's only convenient for them to come over, drop by and say hi when they need something from me. A ride, some one to eat out with.  But the minute they manage to find another person, mostly a guy or some other person they jump at the idea and leave without so much as an explanation. Oh well.
    Idk. I keep clinging to the past. When we were children it was different. Who we are now and who we are then are two separate persons. I can't expect our lives to follow the same paths as it did some 10-12 years ago. It just hurts more because of the past. I guess I'm just tired of always being there for them when in all honesty, it doesn't seem to be appreciated. I guess I will just have to re-prioritize my life and the people in it. Family is family but family has many different meanings.
    I feel petty but I really don't think I will be showing up at their house any time soon to help them do things the next time they do an event.  They haven't even stepped foot in this house for many years.

Anway, sleepy. G'night.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment